1+1=3
Wednesday, May 31, 2006
The holiday has me very delayed on everything, including reading. 
 
  • quant-ph/0605169, decoherence of a bell pair in a random matrix environment. I gave just a quick look at the paper, seems interesting (although I should refresh my random matrix theory...)
  • quant-ph/0605173. Actually, I printed this but haven't read it yet. I am interested in its connection to Clifton, Bub and Halvorson derivation of quantum mechanics from information constrains.
  • Lecture Notes in Quantum Mechanics, by Doron Cohen. They are worth a look, specially on the approach to new subjects. In any case, Doron writes too entangled for my taste (at least in his papers). The notes seem more clear.
  • quant-ph/0504141, another go at the "self-decoherence" in chaotic systems from Giulio Casati. Didn't Berry say enough about correlators in chaotic systems? Apparently not. I like that in this paper the fidelity is well expressed as a "time-interferometry" experiment, something I have been mulling about lately. The paper has a lot of other ideas that seem nice too, worth reading.
  • Finally, two papers that I'll read in my (every day diminishing) free time. Loop Quantum programming, and  quantum mechanics as a global optimization by nature (I'll have to keep the jokes about this one until I read it).


--
Posted by fercook to Science at 5/31/2006 08:27:27 AM

Labels: ,

posted by fercook @ 8:30 AM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

For large values of 1.