1+1=3
Tuesday, August 29, 2006
Checking out places to apply for a postdoc or position? Well, welcome to anxiety-land. When you are in a small field, there are very few positions. When you are in a large one, you have too much competition. When you are in between fields, as myself, nobody wants you because you are from the other side of the fence. Not to mention that most jobs (postdoc at least) you get by social networking, so looking at those ads in Physics today is in fact depressing. I am still months away from the ending of my current job, but I wanted to have an early start and ended up with the looking-for-a-job blues. And those rumor mills? Funny when you are not job-hunting, let me tell you. I already applied for a position which I am not going to get, apparently, because now the institution is freezing any new hires. We'll see. 
Anyway, not a good day for blogging positive thoughts I suppose. 

--
Posted by fercook to Science at 8/29/2006 10:38:18 AM

Labels: ,

posted by fercook @ 10:43 AM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

For large values of 1.