1+1=3
Tuesday, July 01, 2008
Our article came out in the arXiv, Quantum Fidelity and Thermal Phase Transitions. (arXiv:0806.4633v1 [quant-ph])

Finally, after struggling with the plotting program for a week ! We still need to add one more plot (Cv of LMG) to submit...

It's a nice article where we explore how to study thermal (as opposed to quantum) phase transitions using fidelity (or the static version of the Loschmidt echo). What amazes me is that at some point we derive formulas that don't need quantum mechanics AT ALL ! Instead, only partition functions are involved. Thus, one can apply them to classical systems (as we do), and something does come out.

I am also proud of the LMG treatment, I think it is original but I am getting some emails about previous work that I need to check out.

All in all, a solid PRA article.

posted by fercook @ 7:10 AM   0 comments

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

For large values of 1.